Sunday, June 22, 2008

World's Longest Pub Crawl (Uncomfirmed)

Whew, long drive but I am finally home.

I drove back from Lincoln today solo - Jen and Callum are staying a few extra days and flying back on Wednesday.

Anyway, since I didn't have the baby in tow today, I decided to hit a couple of brew pubs on the way home that I havent been too before.

First I hit the Elk Grove Brewery, surprisingly in Elk Grove just south of Sacramento. Beer was good, had some beer styles available that were outside the normal 5. But the setting and ambiance were a little ho-hum, so if you are in Elk Grove looking for a drink then go ahead, but I wouldn't go out of your way.

Next stop was the Lodi Beer Company, once again surprisingly in Lodi. Great place, hands down the best stop of the day. If you are in Lodi and looking for food or drinks, definitely worth it. Kind of high end decor (high end brew pub that is) and lots of beer on tap and a menu where not everything is fried.

Next stop was the Sequoia Brewing Company in Fresno. OK place, menu seemed pretty average. A few guest beers as well as their own. If you were looking for good beer in Fresno, then stop here, otherwise there is probably other places to go for food, but then again it is Fresno I suppose.

I did plan to stop at a place in Bakersfield, but as it turns out it closes at 5pm on a Sunday, so I will have to catch it next time through.

Finally got into LA proper and hit a snag on the freeway with a major accident (found out on the radio later that there were fatalities involved). Anyway, even at 10pm on a Sunday an accident that closes all but one lane still creates a hell of a mess, so I turned off the freeway and used the GPS to navigate along surface streets for a couple of miles and jumped back on the freeway past where the accident was.

Anyway, finally home and exhausted. BTW, did I mention it was hot driving home again? Saw 4 separate fires on the way home. They had some storms in norther California over the weekend and they estimate that there is over 600 separate fires burning because of lightning strikes. Summer has only just started and it looks like it could be a bad one for fires again.

No comments: