Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I Am A Mile High

I flew into Denver airport this afternoon and I am now in my hotel in Boulder. I am here for some training for the rest of the week.

For those not familiar with this part of the world, I am at somewhere above 5,000 feet elevation right now, so the air is quite different to that in Orange County and visitors and new comers can definitely feel short of breath if they are not careful.

However, I was careful tonight to not lift any more than 1 pint of beer at a time to not over exert myself. Actually, all jokes aside, I am not 100% healthy right now with some kind of flu going on. So I am going to have to be a little careful while I am here.

I drove through downtown Denver on the way to Boulder (Denver airport and Boulder are on the exact opposites sides of central Denver). I hit the Breckenridge Brewery and took a look at the Sandlot Brewery, but it is only open on game days (it is part of the baseball stadium) and you need a ticket to the game to get in. I weighed my options and decided that watching Colorado play Atlanta in 33F (~ 1C) weather wasn't really worth it.

Once I got out towards Boulder I stopped at the Southern Sun Brewery, which was pretty good actually. Lots of interesting beer and some experimental stuff and some stuff on nitrogen taps.

I am staying in the Hotel Boulderado - not kidding, that is its real name, it sounds more like a ride at Disneyland. Anyway, it is a historic hotel from the 1800s and is supposed to be haunted in some rooms, so it might be an interesting night.

No comments: