Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weather!

I mentioned the other night that we were actually expecting some winter weather in southern California this week. Well we certainly got some. Rain, cold temperatures, wind and snow. All of the freeways heading north and east over the mountains were closed yesterday and some are still closed this morning because of snow. There is snow on almost all of the mountains I can see from the house and on the way to work. This is the view from my office currently:

Palm trees in the foreground, snow in the background.

It is 10:30am here and it is still only 45°F (7°C).

Of course, before someone else points it out, I realize that this kind of weather is common place in many parts of the US and the rest of the world. But for this area, this is quite unusual. So don't rain on my parade (pun absolutely intended).

No comments: