Saturday, December 6, 2008

Last Day In Adelaide

Today is our last day in Adelaide. We head back to the US at an extraordinarily early time tomorrow morning via Brisbane.

Today we did some packing, which took longer than expected. Callum received so much loot for his birthday that we are bringing back a cardboard tea chest as an extra piece of luggage tomorrow, full of just his presents.

We had afternoon tea at Trent & Kelly's place, where we were luckily able to catch up with Sally and Brad. I have known Brad since my first year at university and I only found out today that he is deathly allergic to coconut. I have no idea why I didn't know this before now, I am just happy I didn't accidentally kill him somewhere along the way with a Lamington.

My Nanna Sandery came up to visit and play with Callum for a little while also today. We didn't take Callum to Trent and Kelly's house as he was/is showing signs of having a cold so we did not want to get their tribe infected. I think Nanna saw this as a golden opportunity to be able to get some exclusive Callum time at Mum's house.

We had a family dinner of one of my favorites, lamb chops. Americans simply do not eat enough lamb, not even close.

Anyway, up early in the morning and the next post will be from the US.

No comments: