Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BMW For Sale, Slight Fire Damage

Coming home from work this afternoon, I came over the rise on the toll-road next to our apartment complex and I caught site of a huge plume of black smoke coming from the exact direction of our apartment.

After I busted out a few colorful words and my heart started again, I exited the toll-road and got caught in some traffic on the exit ramp. I snapped this photo while I was waiting to get up to the lights to see exactly what was on fire.



Finally when I got to the intersection, it turned out it was not the apartment complex, but a black BMW SUV which had "left" the road and hit an electrical transformer.



The building in the background of that photo is our apartment complex.

Here are some of our neighbors nervously watching the fire creep down the hill towards their garages.



Anyway, since the BMW decided to hit an electrical transformer our entire apartment complex was without electricity. There was some chaos as people realized that the automatic garage doors weren't working so no one could park their cars. Also, those who already had their cars in their garages couldn't get them out - like our neighbor the nurse who needed to leave for work. We saw a bunch of people coming in with pizza and other fast food, since there was not going to be any kitchen action.

So, if you are in the market for 2nd hand BMW, I think there is a bargain available in the Aliso Viejo area.

BTW, since I am posting this, you can safely assume that yes, we have electricity back, and no it did not take all night.

No comments: