Friday, January 16, 2009

Farewell 10-L

Tonight is the last night in our apartment, which has been our home for the last 5 years and 8 months. The movers will be here at 8:30am tomorrow morning.

We went to dinner across the road at Stadium Brewing Company for one last time. We have lost count how many times we have eaten or had a drink at that place and it is where we held my 30th birthday party, so it seemed a fitting place to eat tonight.

We have been packing on and off for almost 3 weeks and the house still seems very full. We seem to have way more stuff than we really appreciate. Luckily the current place measures about 1,200 ft2 (111 m2) and the new place measures about 2,000 ft2 (189 m2), so we will have room for all of this stuff.

We will miss 10-L as it was the place we lived in when many significant things happened. Just a few that come to mind immediately:
  • It was the place I came home too after my back surgery and negotiated gingerly for weeks afterward.
  • It was the place I slipped on the stairs, just after my back surgery, the only time ever in living there that I slipped on the stairs, oh irony, how you mock me.
  • It was the house we lived in when we got married - all 3 times!
  • It is the house that we were in when Shari and Leon visited from Australia and stayed with us.
  • It was the house we brought Callum home from the hospital too.
  • It is the house that my Mum stayed in when she visited from Australia.
  • It was the house that Callum spent his first and second Christmases in.
  • Jen and I both turned 30 living here.
  • Jen's parents and my Mum met each other for the first time here.
Farewell 10-L, its (mostly) been fun.

No comments: